Removing Window Tint..anyone done it?

NOW: I got antsy and removed the tint from the rear window.... I know it was a mistake now, but i figure it would be as easy as all the other I did. I have used some ammonia and some grill degreaser and tried scrubbing with a rag. It does not do much at all. What other chemicals could I use on the rear window to remove the glue? The tint shop is saying the earliest I could get in would be monday and it may have to stay for a day or two. With work, i dont know if I can leave it for 48 hours. Any help would be appreciated. I learn from my mistakes I promise.

Went to Lowes today and picked up some goo gone. That took off the remaining glue without damaging anything very easily. Now, for some odd reason I kinda like the fish bowl look...... Maybe when it starts to get unbearably hot ill reconsider and get it done legally. I'm just not sure if its worth the $120. Maybe ill take some pics of my clean windows and sanded tail lights.

As far as removing the adhesive left behind forget paint thinner or acetone, this stuff is what you need. It's citrus based, smells like oranges, and will cut through any adhesive you can throw at it...I love the stuff

EDIT: Totally didn't read the rest of the thread...I realize now you already got it off with goo gone....whatever, lol

As far as removing the adhesive left behind forget paint thinner or acetone, this stuff is what you need. It's citrus based, smells like oranges, and will cut through any adhesive you can throw at it...I love the stuff
EDIT: Totally didn't read the rest of the thread...I realize now you already got it off with goo gone....whatever, lol
Thanks for the help. The goo gone or w/e it was did work pretty great. I will try that stuff you suggested next time I run into an adhesive problem again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.