removing door panels from a 2001 civic

Participant count
  • Participant list

unkle11
10+ year member

hi this is gonna sound stupid but i'm a student here in LA so saving money is a big deal, i got some compnents as a present but installing them at a shop would cost me $90 i was wondering if anyone would know how to take out the door panels to a honda civic 2001 sedan?

have you tried yet? I know when I was having trouble, it was just cause I was too cautious to really pull on it; one day I just said skip it and really pulled and it came off...

in my 2001 coupe, there is a panel behind the door handle that comes off. there are 2 screws in there. remove them. also one inside the handle part of the armrest (flap thing over it as well) remove that screw. there are about 15 or 20 pressure clips around the panel (if i remember correctly). they(pressure clips) are very easy to break as i learned from experiance. and honda charges you an arm and a leg to buy replacements. once you get the panel off, the speakers are appearing to be just glues on. they are not (also learned from experiance). they are attached with a clip like device that surrounds the speaker. i just broke mine off to save time (who needs the stock crap speakers anyway right?). if you want to save them, there are two pressure points on each side that you press to remove them. also, here is a link to a site 7thgen civic oriented, which also has DIY's for this particular vehicle on it. http://www.7thgencivic.com i believe there is a diy for this specific process with pics. if its not on the DIY page, you can always search the forums there and find the info.

edit: here is a link to the DIY with pics:

http://www.7thgencivic.com/modules.php?s=&name=DIY&pa=showpage&pid=51

not sure if you have to join the site or not to view it, i've been a member for around 3 year now, so i cant remember. but its free to join, and there is a lot of information for your vehicle there, and its not just car audio stuff, it relates to all aspects of your vehicle

you pulled? that's it? no screws or anything?
oh no no no! after I got the screws off! but then again that was after I knew that once I got the screws off, that that that was all that was left to do.

so i tried looking foor the screws, only managed to find the ones behind the door latch, where are the others located? in the armrest? near the window switches?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.