Remote

bass_mekanik
10+ year member

i got 0.5 2 go til 145dbs
i want to make a remote level controler for my amp i only have a single out put and i want to be able to turnit down for normal listening and up for booming without touching the amp gains it is 4 channell in my sig pls put diagrams and descriptions up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

you can do it but , I think it is going to be an electronics project. I could do it, but I would take me a day maybe because , know that you would just have to get the rca's and splice them and then get a dual switch single throw gain dial and conect it like that, but you may have to find the right kind, I am not sure if you can use any control knob, I would have to design it all from scratch.............I dont think they have something that you can buy already made for that. good luck,

Any New Thoughts?

would like to have more control of the sub without touching the amp.

( IM using stock HU )

just get an alpine head unit, alpine HUs have something called bass engine or something like that, and u can control how much power your sub is pushing out. buying an alpine will probably save u loads of time and work, besides they my favorite HU

Buying THIS would save him a lot more time and would be a lot cheaper then buying a new headunit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

miscel77_small.jpg

just get an alpine head unit, alpine HUs have something called bass engine or something like that, and u can control how much power your sub is pushing out. buying an alpine will probably save u loads of time and work, besides they my favorite HU
Naw, couldn't tell. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

alpine HUs have something called bass engine or something like that, and u can control how much power your sub is pushing out.
PS: Almost every HU with a sub-out has that, not just alpine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

what is the difference between bass eq and amp gains?

my amp have has a remote control for bass eq. could i just leave it turned down on the amp and adjust as necessary through the remote... granted that i dont turn it up a certain level.

what is the difference between bass eq and amp gains?
Well, the bass EQ boosts a certain center frequency (usually around 45hz if it's fixed) and a certain bandwidth of frequencies (the "Q") around that center frequency. The gain actually attenuates the signal going into the amp to bring the signal down to a point that the amp can safely amplify the signal without the risk of overamplifying the signal and "going beyond it's limits" (clipping the signal). So, when you turn up the gain, you aren't actually "turning up" the amp, but instead allowing "more of the signal" to pass through the amp and to be amplified. Basically, they work in opposite ways (bass boost raises the signal, the gain attenuates the signal), but improperly using either can lead to bad results.

my amp have has a remote control for bass eq. could i just leave it turned down on the amp and adjust as necessary through the remote... granted that i dont turn it up a certain level.
The bass boost isn't a volume control, and shouldn't be used as such. The difference between a volume control and bass boost is that, as I stated, the bass boost boosts a certain frequency and a limited bandwidth of frequencies around, whereas the volume control affects all frequencies equally. IMO it's a much better idea to just get the thing I linked to in my previous post.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.