Remote Wire Problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

CruzeLow85

CarAudio.com Newbie
First off, hello all!

I have an older install that is driving me crazy and need some help. 

2 10" soundstream 300rms @ 4ohm each

1 soundstream 175w per channel 2 channel amp 

4ga B+

4ga Ground

I recently bought a Rockford fostgate R500X1D amp to add to power as the amp I had was underpowering the current subs. The current amp powers and plays fine running each sub at 4ohms. The problem is when I pull the old amp. When I wire up the new amp  @ 2 ohms will not power on. I thought it was DOA so got another one (same kind). The new one won't power on also. I spent all of last night checking all connections to no avail. B+ gets 12v, Remote gets 12v and ground is good. Swap back out to the old soundstream and it powers up fine. 

Update:

I messed with it this morning and noticed that if I put power from the B+ to the remote the amp comes on. The remote wire will still turn on the old amp no problem.

Should I just run a new wire from a fuse instead of from the remote lead on the HU?

Has anyone seen this happen previously?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.