Remote start, possibly including auto windows

04silverz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
San Antonio
I realize their is a sub forum for alarms etc but it is dead compared to here so…

As winter is closer than farther im Looking to add remote start to a 2005 silverado. Only other thing I care to have is the auto windows down add on if able but since I'm looking for a basic system not sure if possible. I don't need or want the latest greatest thing that works half the time. Just something that will work and is affordable.

Seems most alarms/remote starts are from DEI so I'm assuming I'll end up with something from there. Budget is 200.

I paid $550 for my Viper 5601 and key chip bypass installed yesterday. I was told it would be a extra $250 to get the widow funtion added. F that! But I am getting the smart start mod

Smart start seems cool But has pretty bad reviews. Plus the $100 annual fee seems ridiculous.

Not really looking for an alarm per say so much as just adding remote start

For a budget of 200 bux you wont get window features. And the smart starts work fine, sometimes the phones themselves get buggy with the app. Periodically the system will go down for 20-45 minutes for cell updates, but thats about it. And also for the interface dont get or have the shop use a db-all if possible, get an XK-01 OR XK-09.

you could do it yourself man just buy the module.

I paid $550 for my Viper 5601 and key chip bypass installed yesterday. I was told it would be a extra $250 to get the widow funtion added. F that! But I am getting the smart start mod

Ended up buying the python 580. Simply a remote start that interfaces with factory alarm. Added window module for another 50

Out the door 190 plus my time to install

when paying for a remote start/alarm 70% is labor what ur paying for. stay away from dei there is soo much better out there. compustart,ultra start,code hell id rather have skytek over dei but what do i know i only installed them for 6 yrs...

Not sure why the sarcasm but ok.

Anyway I'm tired of looking and will only find out myself one way. I seem to remember owning DEI alarm the one and only time I ever owned one and it seemed fine. That was 10 yrs ago though.

Honestly I don't care about alarms all i want is remote start Someone wants my stuff they're gonna get it.

Kinda like how I lock my ski trailer merely for peace of mind and to deter the casual thief. A serious know how thief is gonna get what he wants.

I'm sure you have reasons for not endorsing DEI but you failed to mention any. In fact I'm a bit confused on whether you are referring to installing DEI as a part of your job or the other brands mentioned.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.