remote start//keyless issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

THUNDERBIRD
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
LANSING, MI
so finally got around to working on my father 03 deville remote start. it is in and works. the problem now is that when the car is remote started we can not unlock or lock the doors, the horn honks like it would when you lock or unlock but nothing happens with the viper remote. but if it is remote started we can unlock and lock with the factory remote still. my buddy who installed it with me who has 15 years experience in installing RS is stumped so now we have to call dei, but problem is neihter he nor i work for a directed certified shop. he used to and is gonna try that info. but any one have any ideas? it is a 160xv with a 1700g data bypass. the pk3 wire isnt hooked up kuz there is no box for it under the dash or behind the brake pedal. PLEASE HELP ME someone who knows these, like azbass, kaezoo, shyne151 i know you guys know these things.

how did he tap in to the power door locks? are you sending the factory door lock wires a neg. pulse or a pos. pulse?

can you lock/unlock the car at all? or does it only happen when you remote start it?

the door locks are running threw the 1700g data interface that interface does all the features and the bypass for the key. we can unlock and lock the car anytime, but when the car is remote started we cant.

no nothing in there for programming. thats what i was thinking too so he tried his bitwritter on it and it didnt work, he hasnt updated it in a few years, kuz it didnt even read my 791 the other when i tried to use it.

Like azbass said, go straight to the doorlock wires... red/black is lock and orange/black is unlock, they are a neg trigger. Do you have the factory alarm disarm wire hooked up? if you go straight to the doorlock wires, it *might* set off the factory alarm when they are unlocked/opened.

ok we will try that. but this morning my dad asked me why the car wont remote start. so now i am wondering should i get rid of the 1700g data bypass and just do a key in the box bypass?

I've never used a 1700G and I can't even find a manual at DEI's website. The module seems to be the source of the problem, though. I'd double-check the wiring at the module and make sure you have the remote start's status output connected to the correct wire at the 1700G. Since DEI uses similar colors for unlock and status wires, you might have something mixed up.

ok i will do that. later tonight when i get home i will post the instructions for it. i know it is a 1 wire hook up at the data port.

I had the same problem on a different car-same bypass. The DEI tech told me to change the ground location on the bypass, and to make 100% sure it's tight to bare metal. If there is any differrence in the ground resistance it will act up. Dunno, car has not came back yet for me to check.

i really dont like useing the interface mods. they dont always work right. id tap straight in to the door lock/unlock wires from the alarm, and not have it run from an interface mod.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.