Remote start glich

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigPimpin18
10+ year member

well today I did the remote start part of my alarm and I got the wires ran. Now it's just got the little gliches. First of all, I went to go remote start it and it fired up than 5 seconds after that it died. This is on a CLifford matrix RSX3.5 in a 1997 Acura 2.2CL. What do I have to do to get this thing going??

I taught the car the tach learning procedure. I have the tach wire hooked up to my aftermarket coil.

For my Heavy gauge wires I have my two RED (+) hooked up, Green starter wire, purple starter wire, and my pink ignition wire. I still have an orange and a pink white left. The Pink white goes to second ignition and the orange goes to an accessory. As far as the smaller gauge wires I just left out the RED/Whte (channel 2 output), the brake shutdown wire, than there was this other connecter that I completely took off because it says it runs optional relays so I took it off, unless I need that for some reason.

I know for sure the 1998 honda/acura's have immobilizers, not sure if the 97's have it. Try putting the key in the ignition (don't turn it), then try remote starting it. If it turns over and stays on, then you need to bypass it. Also, you do need to hook up tach, hood pin, and neutral safety switch either by grounding it or wiring it properly for remote start to work.

I know for sure the 1998 honda/acura's have immobilizers, not sure if the 97's have it. Try putting the key in the ignition (don't turn it), then try remote starting it. If it turns over and stays on, then you need to bypass it. Also, you do need to hook up tach, hood pin, and neutral safety switch either by grounding it or wiring it properly for remote start to work.

Imobilizer for the win. Those are the symptoms of a non-bypassed imobilizer.

However, the hood pin doesn't really have to be hooked up in order to work, the tach and neutral safty switch do need to be conencted though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.