Remote start for a Mazda MX3

Participant count
  • Participant list

MitchZ
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well I've installed decks, systems, basic alarms, keyless entry.

But I don't know how to install Remote start.

My car is supposedly very simple to work on. Mazda Mx3 1994 Automatic.

I have a Viper 771XV Alarm.

I searched for a tutorial on how to install Remote start and I couldn't find anything.

I was given all this wiring and a relay (XCRS eXtreme Capacity Relay Satellite 500M).

I'm looking at the wiring diagram in the Viper manual and it doesn't help much. It says these wires should be plugged into the main alarm thing:

Blue 200mA (-) status output

Orange/Black 200mA anti-grind/ground when armed output

Violet (-) 200mA starter trigger

Orange (-) 200mA Accessory tirgger

Pink (-) 200mA ignition trigger

Yellow (+) ignition input to remote start

Pink/White 200mA programmable igntion/accessory trigger

But these wires are plugged into the relay.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Then theres 4 other wires coming out of the relay and on the other side of the relay theres 8 more, connected to a harness extending the 8 wires. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I have stickers under my hood that say "warning, remote start installed".

But I can't see any evidence of ever having a remote start under the dash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.