Remote Start: 2nd Ignition Relays Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

NickPSI
10+ year member

When buying relays for vehicles with 1st and 2nd ignitions to install a remote start, what should I look for? It just needs to be 4 terminal, correct? and what amperage? I have an old 40A from a foglight kit I used to have, and I found some inexpensive 30A 4 terminal. Should I just reference the fuse for the different ignition wires in order to size the relay? Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

SPST (single pole single throw) 30 Amp should be good. I usually use the double throws, only cause I have them for other uses.

Make sure that your raw 12 volt feed to the ignition when the relay is triggered is fused and able to handle the current.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Those look like decent cheaper options for sure and probably fine for some systems, but I agree, Audiocontrol has been making high quality stuff...
Is there an external fuse mounted near that amp going to it? If so, make sure it is not grounding out some how. Frayed wire touching ground or...
Usually when you shop for a replacement harness for your model, you will find the pictures may show you in what pins your wires go to.
Actually, I think I had the adjustment knob turned down while I was setting gain! Rookie mistake
I dont see a Username and date on any of these pics that the FOR SALE Rules Should Apply. Are these pics off Ebay?? Place those with the pics so...

About this thread

NickPSI

10+ year member
NickPSI
North Syracuse NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from