Remote Hookup

If the HU has a power antenna wire, that usually works very well. If not, there are aftermarket gizzmos you can get that sense signal in the HU speaker wires and turn on the remote when sound is comming out:

http://www.davidnavone.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=N-902

Otherwise you can run the remote from the HU power wire (or anywhere that's powered when the key is on). The only down side to that is the amp will be on even when the HU is off. But how often do we have the car running and the stereo off? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

try running a switch and mount it under the dash or something. That way you can shut it off when the radio is off and the car is running.

All the other comments are valid also.

If the HU has a power antenna wire, that usually works very well. If not, there are aftermarket gizzmos you can get that sense signal in the HU speaker wires and turn on the remote when sound is comming out:
http://www.davidnavone.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=N-902

Otherwise you can run the remote from the HU power wire (or anywhere that's powered when the key is on). The only down side to that is the amp will be on even when the HU is off. But how often do we have the car running and the stereo off? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
if you use the power antenna wire then your subs will only be on when you are listening to fm/am not while cd or tape

you should not go to the fusebox either, too much risk of messing something else up.

use a multimeter and find the accessory wire not constant but accessory, it will only see voltage when the key is turned to the acc position.

Make sure to introduce a fuse into the circuit as well...no matter which way you choose to do it!! A 500ma Amp fuse should be more than enough to run a couple of amps....and not destroy the wire if it shorts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.