Remote gain

Participant count
  • Participant list
2 questions
Do i set my voltage on my zx1000 to 1000watts or 1200 birth certificate?

Once my gain is set on the amp will the remote gain go past the set level no matter how high it getsa turned up?
WOW.. Well first you want to keep your voltage as high as possible. Now as far as the 1000 vs 1200 watt thing just forget all about numbers and set your gains correctly. I would much rather have 800wats of clean unclipped power then a 1000watts of clipped power. On the remote gain its not a volume knob so it should not be used as one. What you would do is turn the remote gain to max then set the gain on amp to zero and slowly turn the gain up on the amp up to the correct lvl and then you would be good of course this would need to be done with radio on so you could hear when you start to distort the signal then once you get to that point back off the amps gain abit.

WOW. I don't think you understood my question.

When I set my gain with the ddm do I use the voltage for 1200 or 1000?

Once the gain is set will the remote go past the set on the amp?

WOW. I don't think you understood my question.
When I set my gain with the ddm do I use the voltage for 1200 or 1000?
I would start at 1000 and go by ear from there. I've never done an install with a DMM setting that worked perfectly.

Once the gain is set will the remote go past the set on the amp?
Yes. If you intend to use the remote, set the gain with the control at max so you can only turn it down.

I would start at 1000 and go by ear from there. I've never done an install with a DMM setting that worked perfectly.

Yes. If you intend to use the remote, set the gain with the control at max so you can only turn it down.
Correct. Have the remote knob all the way maxed before setting gains, thus eliminating any chances of surpassing a safe level.

To "disturbed" he was talking about the measured voltage while setting gain's via DMM, not the voltage of the vehicle's charging system. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.