Remote face plate mounting?

deceptiwave

Space
Cool site. First post.

I am trying to remote mount the face on my DEHP4800. I havent done this before and I was curious what to look out for/expect to encounter.

A few questions I have are:

1- will the cd eject and load?

2- is there a button that needs to be pressed for the face to work?

3- voltage drop effect the face? I need to move the face about 12 feet.

Anybody had any luck with this?

The unit is going into my 1969 mach1 and I am keeping all the components hidden to make the car appear stock.

Thanks in advance.

OK - So I did it and it turned out fine.

Or so I thought.

I cant get the CD out of the main unit.

Is there a wire that needs an interupt or switch on it to be able to eject the CD?

its a DEHP4800 if that helps.

Thanks

I did something similar to an 880PRS and I can eject my CD but it was a bit of work.

1) Did you keep the movable face backplate in place? Is it still going up and down? If so, then I don't know what your issue is except to think that you haven't properly kept the eject wire/pin hooked up.

2) Did you remove the motorized mechanism? I did. The trick is that there are 2 wires going to the motor and 3 wires going to the sensor switches that detect whether the face is up or down. I just removed the whole motorized mechanism and tricked the unit into thinking the face is always down (by shorting the two wires that indicated down) and my eject works fine.

anyone have some pics?

that's a neat idea......

my headunit's too deep to allow my radio-cover to flip down, and if i could remote mount the unit itself, and simply have the face there, it would be fantastical.

Pattyweb - I mounted the face in the glovebox and the main unit is in the trunk of the car. I just simply soldered the 12 pins with Cat5 and ran the cables.

I was able to load one CD for testing, but now I cant get it out.

I think one of the pins/wires is an interupt to the face to enable the CD to eject, but I dont know which one...

As soon as I get the rest of the stuff installed and a new amp, the pix will be updated on my cardomain account.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.