• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I've been looking around for some 12" subwoofers that can mount behind the seats in a regular cab chevy truck. Currently I have 2 10" subs in sealed boxes that fit fine, but I'd like to upgrade to the larger speaker size.

Any recommendations for low profile 12" subwoofers that have GOOD sound to them? The maximum mounthing depth is probably around 5.5-6inches and air space of .90ci.

Also if anyone has recommendations of new boxes that would fit well I'd love to see them also.

Thanks for your time,

-James

shameless bump pls answer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I've heard eight 8inch subs mounted in a sealed enclosure behind the seat in a late model regular cab chevy 4x4, It hammered **** hard in my opinion and I would definitly reccomend this as an option for your system.

Imagine this- 2 jbl 600.1's, each powering 4 Eclipse 8708.8 subwoofers in a custom fiberglass sealed box behind the seat with 2farads of capacitance to back up those amps. The truck I heard was using Pheonix Gold subs and amps with an MDF enclosure.

yea good luck findin a 12 to fit behind the seat i know that those trucks aint got much room cuz my old man has one id just go with some tens

The seats in the truck are bucket seats. They have a bit more clearance than the stock bench seat. Does anyone know of some low depth 12"s (6" or less) that work in sealed enclosures with under 1cf airspace? Audiobahn has some promising looking subs but I have no experience with this brand.

Thanks for the sugestions, as for 8" they are out of the question, I was hoping for more SPL with some 12"s, or perhaps some VERY powerful 10's.

Currently I have 2 older 10" Hifonics olympian warriors which run pretty well.

Thanks again for any more info its greatly appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

-James

unregesterd--- can you fit a box behind your seat

with these mesurment ( for a truck box for 1 - 12'' sub)

14'' tall

20'' wide

7'' depth at top

10'' depth at bottom

with these mesurment you could use

a 12'' kicker compvr

I have a regular cab full size chevrolet truck and I have had 12's behind my seat, I am 6'5 also, so there is room. I have had 3 MTX Thunder 5000 10's in a ported box (3 cubic feet) 2 12" MTX Thunder 7000 in a sealed box(2 cubic feet), 2 MTX Thunder 3000 12's in a sealed box(2 cubic feet), 2 Rockford Fosgate HE 10" subs(.75 cu ft. per chamber) with a punch 250 in between, and right now I have 3 Rockford Fosgatet HE 8" subs in a ported box(2.11 cu ft.). Oh yeah, I had 3 8" W6's in there with a ported box too, but by far the hardest hitting thing I have had in there so far are the HE 8's in a ported box. I ended up hitting 136 db with them. I do recommend the MTX 8000 12's cause they aren't very deep. If you need some help deciding on what to get, let me know, I'll try to help you out and try to direct you to the cheapest place on the net to get them. Good Luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.