Refurbished Items???

No they are like new just get a bad reputation and people think they are less relibale just b/c they have been remade and thats not the point. Just look at salvaged titled cars they lose value but most of the time they are still good cars.

It may seem like a good idea at the time, but it is a long term bad idea...can you give me a link of what you are looking at.

Hey, i didnt bid on it. I was thinking the same as Rangerman. But if i ever think about it again, i will show you a link Rangerman, so you can help me out or give me advice. It was an amp off of http://www.ubid.com, but thanks for the advice and i will keep it in mind if i ever get that idea again

I agree with Rangerman on this one. I thought I was getting a good buy on one of my amps. It's crap.. depending on what product you're buying, companies WILL modify your product. As far as my amp, they put in parts (resistors, I believe) that are extremely less quality than what the product originally had. Now the amp cuts out at full power.. I actually posted something about this in the "amplifier" forum. Maybe someone could help me?

Anyway, research the product if possible. Call the retailer, and ask them what was wrong with it, how it's been fixed, warrantee, etc. Things can be fixed as new, but there are many instances you're not getting what you pay for.

had it for a month already and it hasn't done anything out of the ordinary....plus i bought extra warranty so if it breaks then they will send me the cva 1006!

OEM means without a box, OEM is what comes in your dell, or you compaq, etc...

retail, emans it has a box, some pretty pictures, etc, nie labels...

OEM, basically means that its what the maufacturer gets..

no box, no anything, just likelya static bag, cheaper....

may not ahve the same warranty, gotta double check tho...

i usually go OEM

OEM is a technical term, it stands for original equipment manufacturer. Anytime you see oem you are receiving the part that was originally designed and engineered for your radio, computer, amp, car, tv or whatever.

I would say if it was refurbished by the company that made the product it might be better then new because it is fixed and then inspected by techs unlike a assembly line. if it was refurbished like a amp at a local sound shop i would have doubts/ My Harrison Lab amp was refurbished by Harrison Labs and I have no worries about it comes with 1 year warrenty. If it last for any longer then that year I would be happy i would think i got my moneys worth spending half price to buy it refrubished

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

KARLEON

10+ year member
Livin' Legend
KARLEON
Chattanooga, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date