Redoing my dash

Participant count
  • Participant list

Randy Savage
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
New York
Well, some of you know, but for those that do not, I installed a carputer in my car, and molded a 7" touchscreen into the dash-

2256438_24_full.jpg

2256438_25_full.jpg

I did this over a year ago, and have since been telling myself that I will re-do the dash, as there are two things that bother me about how this came out- first being the color (obviously)- once re-done, I will get the bezel color matched to the rest of the dash. The other being the screen being set back a good ~3/4" from the dash. This time around I will be attempting to bring the actual screen more flush with the dashboard.

I'll be ordering the dashkit sometime this week, and will get to molding and whatnot hopefully sometime next week.

I'll be updating this thread with progress pics and whatnot when the time comes. Any questions, feel free to ask.

yeah the internet is only something you use on your carpc when you're demoing it for friends....it's really the most pointless thing ever.

The multimedia capabilities are where the PC shines.

Make sure you post lots of process pics of your dash rebuild. Good luck, I know how hard carpcs can be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif (see sig)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Randy Savage

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
Randy Savage
New York
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date