Red, yellow, blue top optimas?

the only thing i like about my yellow top is its still going strong after 12 years... ya thats right.........

but one day im going to replace it with a good battery for audio.

I've been running the same Optima YT in my Caprice for years now without issue. I've drained it a handful of times. I keep it on a charger during the winter months. Is it that much better than any other battery? Probably not. Have I had issues with it. Yes, but it was my fault. You're not supposed to use a 70 amp quick start charger on a deep cycle battery; they're designed to charge slowly. Was the warranty service fast, friendly, and not full of questions? Yes. They swapped it out due to a "manufacturer's defect" that really wasn't a "manufacturer's defect." Would I buy one again? Probably not. With a house, a kid, another kid on the way, two Jeeps, my Caprice, and a wife ******* all of my income, I have to be smarter with my money than I was a few years ago. I'd probably get a Diehard Pt.

Optima is not what they used to be. They went to Mexico for manufacturing maybe two years ago and they're not the same batteries anymore.

the red top is a high cranking battery having higher CCA with slightly lower AH, the yellow and blue are deep cycle batteries with lower CCA but higher AH. optima's typically rest near 13v. i won't get into to if there is better or not b/c most of the forums will tell you they're junk while people that actually have them will swear by them. if you are going to get an Optima battery, yellow top is the way to go.

My Dad bought me one as a starter battery last September. I already had to replace it as soon as winter hit this year, although it has been very dependable (other than replacement) and maintains decent voltage. I wouldn't have spent the money myself. My Dad purchased at Oreillys so I think he got took for 230 or so....OUCH

The Die Hard Platinum are badged by Die Hard, which is good. Because they are made by Odyssey. Odyssey is a solid battery manufacturer. Not only do you get the best warranty in the industry, but you get that on an excellent product.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.