Reconing gone wrong

kalkx
10+ year member

florida
started to recone my sub today took off the old cone and immediately the motor assembly shifted and got magnetized to the side. tried to get it back centered but just did more harm then good. how should i have went about fixing this other than taking a flat head and hammer to it?
attachment

youre not going to fix it on your own. It needs to be de-magnetized, re-assembled and re-magnetized...

not anything you did, sounds like the coil/former was holding it together..as in not allowing it to shift and once you pulled the assembly it went..happened to me a few times.

Wtf? I dont have **** to contribute here but its pretty funny!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/offwall.gif.29a91b9b265d47af4b8e33fc5b558d18.gif

i fix them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
luckily i have another blown that i can use to recone but if i ever decide to fix this one ill let you know

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.