recone possible?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bullet03
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was going through some of my audio stuff in the garage today and found my 07' cvr12's d4s. I decided to check to see if they worked and the coils were reading 1.7 on the red/black with dot and 1.6 on the solid red/black coil side, is it possible to use the basket and motor or even just the basket to build a custom sub or is there a recone available for these subs? any help/ suggestions would be nice.

more so for a learning experience, was more leaning towards finding out if i could use the motor/basket and build a new sub. possible?

Why would you want to recone $60 subs?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif i was thinking of reconing 2 10w0's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

more so for a learning experience, was more leaning towards finding out if i could use the motor/basket and build a new sub. possible?
One thing you should learn about reconing, is when to recone, and when to throw away. You should get experience on a speaker worthy of the recone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.