Recone L7's?

R34P3R
10+ year member

I Haz Bass
Northern KY
Just wondering if it's possible? Would someone be able to remove the basket and just use the motor, not necessarily using a square cone? Making an L7 into an SQ monster would be a very amazing accomplishment. Any thoughts?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

It can be done, but I believe they have an off size coil so its hard to find a coil that fits. Also a standard basket might not be a direct bolt on. Dont quote me on this, but I believe this is what I have read on reconing L7s

guys you will see soon i have a L7 basket on the way been wanting to make a beefy square with 3" coil. i have a few 1st gen kicker cones/surronds. i reconed a few L7's in 10s and 12s but was told need to buy by the case of 300 cones so stopped that.

i also made some drop ins for a guy to turn his L7 15s into 10" rounds. he is a member here...

guys you will see soon i have a L7 basket on the way been wanting to make a beefy square with 3" coil. i have a few 1st gen kicker cones/surronds. i reconed a few L7's in 10s and 12s but was told need to buy by the case of 300 cones so stopped that.
i also made some drop ins for a guy to turn his L7 15s into 10" rounds. he is a member here...
You should really throw up some pics and testing when this goes through. Would love to see your build and see how the woofer compares to a stock L7.

i will send out some pix for sure. basket will be here early next week now i just need to find a good motor on the cheap and build it. im gonna reinforce the cone 4 sure!

How are you going to go about doing this? Are you just dropping the motor and mounting the basket to something different? (Sorry, didn't catch this in the first read-through) Also, does the solo x use a 3" coil or does it use some obscure 3.25" coil? Would it be easier to find an SQ recone for the X instead of Kicker's SPARE drop-in?

i just recieved the blown L712" today so im am on the prowl for a good motor that i can fit a 8 layer coil. the motor i will prob make a 8" sub from it.

i dont wanna mess with the solox because of the inner basket and want to be different...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.