recommended amp for infinity perfect 12?

Participant count
  • Participant list

hiloracerboy84
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i am planning on getting an infinity perfect 12.1and was wondering what amp i should use to power it...i was looking at the rockford punch or power 800.2, but ive heard some bad things about it....so now im kinda skechy on buying it. what do you guys think? i really wanna have a good sq system, but also one that hits pretty hard, so could i have some reccomendations..thanks...

also...what type of box do you think would work best for this sub?...i was looking at either ported or bandpass...but any suggestions are appreciated..

thanks again guys;)

The Rocford amp should be fine..but the JBL BP1200.1 is around the same price and does tem right..I have seen them work just fine in a 1.25^3 ft sealed enclosure..It is plenty loud and is very clean..Why complicate things with a port?

Mike

Yeah why go with a ported or bandpass. The perfects are basically a SQ sub. You will loose some of that SQ if you go with the ported or bandpass. Go ahead and get a sealed enclosure.

OK first off if you want a ported or bandpass enclosure you are just going completely againist the perfect! Perfects are mainly SQ subs and bandpass and ported enclosures are for spl so if you want spl I would go with a different sub! Even though the perfects do hit. And Perfects RMS is 350 I think and 1400 peak i know! But I wouldnt underpower it with the RMS and I would run as much as the RF 800 or the JBL 1200 I would maybe use like a RF 500 or JL 500! Just my opinion!

hey, thanks a lot guys, the info really helped...especially in the box department...if i had gone with the ported, i prob wouldve screwed myself over..so thanks again...lol..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.