Recommendations for truck sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mcflyfyter

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2007 F-250 crew that I am planning a box behind the back seat. Will be running a GM-D8701 (500@2 ohm, 800@1ohm). I can do an easy box 3' long at 1.3cf, or I can bump it up to 2cf with significant effort. These volumes are internal without accounting for anything. At these dimensions I will have to countersink the subs so they don't hit the seat, but I think the extra volume would be worth the effort. I wont have a lot of depth, probably 5.75 for a 10". Just looking for decent sound in a ported box and keeping woofer(s) under $250 or so. I havent bought a sub In 15 years, so I have no idea what the best values are today. Thanks for any input or thoughts.

I put two VFL8's behind the seat of my standard cab Dodge.
20191225_210449.jpg

I ran a standard cab dodge for many years. Sealed box with 2 MTX 12"s. Ran about 400 to each of them and it was LOUD. I think it was about 1.6ft3 for each sub. They were only rated for 250ish but took the power fine in a sealed box. The only downfall was the whole bench seat had to be removed to install and remove the box! Well worth the extra effort and on a budget!!

There is a boat load more space behind a single cab. I'm looking at 3.25" deep at the top and 8" at the bottom, and that is the box touching the seat back. I'm thinking about setting a section back 1.5" for the woofer, and have the rest of the box touching the seat. I guess I'm going to build the box and see what I come up with for volume, then go from there.

I installed the amp yesterday, and now have 300 rms into a fosgate P2 in a sealed box. I found the sub and box in a dumpster and reglued the surround and a few screws in the box and it is pretty impressive. I'm hoping 500 into a ported box will be noticeably louder.

Two American Bass VFL8's @ 1ohm on a DD M80 (900@1 ohm). Sub up port up and behind the seat. I'm 5'11" and drive very comfortable. Box is 9.5" top and 10.5" bottom. Loud and cleanView attachment 19540
My box is 3.25" top and 8" bottom. Seat has to be removed to install box. I recessed the woofer baffle .75", but I think I'm going to have to go another .375" (essentially flush mounted) and thin a portion of the back wall. That is with a shallow mount 12" at 3.75" depth with a 6" magnet. I have high hopes...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.