Recommendations for a 1000w amp?

wtfamidoing
10+ year member

I need a 1000w amp to power two kicker comp 15" subs(500w peak ea) but i don't want to buy a crappy amp. I see reviews on amazon that say the specs are wrong on amps and i'd like to not get screwed over. I'm on a budget obviously (you can tell from the subs) so no more than 125$ please.

I need a 1000w amp to power two kicker comp 15" subs(500w peak ea) but i don't want to buy a crappy amp. I see reviews on amazon that say the specs are wrong on amps and i'd like to not get screwed over. I'm on a budget obviously (you can tell from the subs) so no more than 125$ please.
You don't need 1k since they are 500w peak... 500 RMS would do you just fine in that case... The question is where do you need the power (What impedance?) Are they 4 ohm subs? Single voice coil?

Ill sell you a MB Quart ONX 1000.1 for $100 shipped just in case you want it. Could run it at 2 ohms each sub and have extra head room for future upgrades (inevitable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif)

your alpine amp should be fine. i set up a friends kicker system with only 250w rms going to it and they still slam. are you not happy with them currently? if so then consider a new box,.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.