Recommendations based on whats available now

Participant count
  • Participant list

los33

Car Audio G
Houston, TX
Slowly gonna be getting back into working on my systems lol.

Anyway i have a 04 impala base model to work with as a daily for fun.

Ive removed the stock amp & put in a cheapo pioneer deck for now. The car uses 6.5s in front with stock tweets mounted on speaker bracket.

Back is 6x9s but i will only be using the fronts with a under dash mini amp.

Whats the next best thing nowadays to run that arent 800$ sets. Just need a nice loud clean comp set to work with in the meanwhile since the jbl p660c isnt the greatest budget no more.

I will be running them active soon on a prs.

How much do you want to spend and what RMS are you looking to push? There are so many brands out there now as well as "hobbyist" level brands that are all great, some just have better highs or fuller mids depending on what sounds best to your ears. Alpine Comps still tend to be well regarded in the "mid-range consumer" world.

How much do you want to spend and what RMS are you looking to push? There are so many brands out there now as well as "hobbyist" level brands that are all great, some just have better highs or fuller mids depending on what sounds best to your ears. Alpine Comps still tend to be well regarded in the "mid-range consumer" world.

It will prob be 1200 rms max as the fronts will be just a throw in pair, most of the work ill be doing will be in the trunk.

Im trying to stay under 300 for comps, most of them will not have good mid bass, but if i can get the most out of it then great.

Also you gotta remember this will be an active setup so tuning will be done manually so i can work with anything and treat my doors to get whatever sound i need.

Taramps ds800x4 or ds1200x4 with a dayton dsp and a Smart 3 for bass and you'll be in pretty cheap for what you get

Ill look into those but need speaker suggestions lol.

Last time i was online for speakers taramps had barely released their ds line
Not a lot of change in the speaker world. Pro audio is pretty much the same as are the SQ oriented speakers. If you want loud, your typical neo's work well like the un6.5 and some of PRV's line.

Define mini amp under the dash. Going to be tough to get Midbass on a mini amp unless you go with a high sensitivity Comp set but u indicated active. Miss those p660c 2 ohm gems

Define mini amp under the dash. Going to be tough to get Midbass on a mini amp unless you go with a high sensitivity Comp set but u indicated active. Miss those p660c 2 ohm gems
Tell me about it lol, cant even buy the clarion cz702 no more either, on par with the prs80.

But im not trying to go crazy with mid bass.. just need decent loud sound since i will be upgrading again later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.