Recommend me a player - Nav, bluetooth, phone & vol buttons

Participant count
  • Participant list

Swatti

My apology if this went to the wrong place and my poor english-skills but here goes...

Ive fallen off the "bandwagon" on car-audio and local forums have offered zero help.

Recently picked up a 2001 MB C-class and it came with an aftermarket radio/player, that thing is horrible, blinky led-lights, poor sound and UI from a nighmare, its gotta go!

Theres one regular slot for player in the center-console and a small storage-slot beneath the radio that i cant use cause when i put my foot down everythin in it launches in to the back-seat. So, there is some extra room. I imagine there are frames to mount 1,5-size unit if need be...

Im hoping to find a unit with decent HDD sat-nav, bluetooth for my phone since the car doesnt have one and USB-port for music. TV could be nice addition too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Price-range is quite open atm, but lets not spend any more then we have to.

Theres also two sets of buttons on the steering-wheel. Two for volume-control and two for phone, im hoping to put these back to their intended use as they dont work atm. Is that possible? I imagine the player needs to have "ports" or something for these buttons.

I'd prefer a popup-screen but since there is some room, a fixed screen could work. I had a popup-screen on a previous car but the screen died during the winter, most likely didnt take the cold.

I doubt i need much power but if there is one with a built-in amp, it wont hurt. Speakers are aftermarket set and their fate will be decided once the new player is in place.

Suggestions, ideas, questions? Ask me if i didnt make any sense //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.