recommend a unit with good iPod control

strike 2 to JVC; they won't have an opportunity for a 3rd strike.
I bought their JVC AVX 820, and it did not recognize my 5th (or 5.5) gen ipod at all, even after buying the KSU30 cable. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

The ipod would get powered, but that was it.

I put the ipod in disk mode, and then the HU would read "restricted device".

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif **** this company.

but...now I really want a touch screen, which means I'll have to sacrifice the security of a detachable face.

I really really wanted this unit to work; it had everything.

oh well....leaning towards the pioneer AVH-4100, which of course doesn't have bluetooth.
If you aren't set on getting a touch screen, I have an Eclipse CD5100 in the classifieds.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/462000-eclipse-clarion.html

Everyone has such an Alpine boner anymore.

Yes Alpine has nice ipod control, but compared to the Pioneer 5100 I just picked up, the Pioneer is better. (Keep in mind the Alpine with work with 4g and older Ipods, where more USB based decks are 5g and newer only)

Everyone has such an Alpine boner anymore.
Yes Alpine has nice ipod control, but compared to the Pioneer 5100 I just picked up, the Pioneer is better. (Keep in mind the Alpine with work with 4g and older Ipods, where more USB based decks are 5g and newer only)
This site has ALWAYS had and ALWAYS will have an Alpine boner. But I can't really talk as I have a Pioneer boner so I'm just as biased.

SUCCESS!

Got the AVX820 to work by...updating the firmware on my ipod.

I gave JVC tech support a call, and their suggestion worked!

The 820 is very smooth...takes it a couple of seconds to initially read the ipod when you change to the USB source, but only a second or 2 to display track information once it has.

It also makes navigating through long lists of artists, albums, song titles, etc very easy, by providing a scroll bar that lets you skip to any part of the list.

it's very fast and responsive. Glad I gave them a call!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.