Recomendations for BX1500D and $250-300

ThUnDa
10+ year member

One sub or two, want to wire it down to 1ohm (1500rms) , i already have a ported box for 2 12" subs (prefab, not sure on cu. Ft.)

Should i spend it all on one ex$pensive sub or get two lesser ones, i'm looking for good SQ but like it to be loud.....would i get more thump with 2 subs than just one?

Please recomend in retail or ebay prices if you know of any good deas :p

Thanks for the help!

One sub or two, want to wire it down to 1ohm (1500rms) , i already have a ported box for 2 12" subs (prefab, not sure on cu. Ft.)
Should i spend it all on one ex$pensive sub or get two lesser ones, i'm looking for good SQ but like it to be loud.....would i get more thump with 2 subs than just one?

Please recomend in retail or ebay prices if you know of any good deas :p

Thanks for the help!
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_681.html#

Two of these would be a very good match for that amp. I have heard these and they are very loud, probably louder then the punch hx2 by RF. Two of those would be very good. They have 18MM xmax, 32MM xsus, 86db sensitivity, and 500watts rms 1500watts peak. I would definently grab some of those at that price. I have seen these beat some PG ti's before.

don't get lightning audio. You might be able to find some alpine type-R's somewhere for cheap.. maybe some CVRs. But with that much power i'd go with one L7 15 (not much sq if not in right box). or a brahma/xxx 12 which will probly run you like 350. Those will be almost as loud as an L7, but will sound much better doing it.

I'm personally running a L7 12 off 1000w and it gets pretty dam loud. Probably the loudest single 12" setup i've heard (and it's in a Jeep Wrangler!!).

quick question, is it the Audiobahn Subs or Amp's that people hate as far as SQ? I'd like loud and have it actually sound good too.... and aren't Brahma's pretty much all SPL too?

dude that sub is probally less than 300 rms
No yamaha its 500watts rms if you read. That sub has beaten PG ti's, Punch hx2's, and comp vr's. Lightning audio is a very good company and in my oppinion is alot better then RF. Look at the XXX or brahma, both very very good subs. If I was to pick I would take the XXX just because I have a 15" XXX on the same amp you do.

quick question, is it the Audiobahn Subs or Amp's that people hate as far as SQ? I'd like loud and have it actually sound good too.... and aren't Brahma's pretty much all SPL too?
People hate audiobahn period! i don't, I have heard just about everything they make and they are loud. As for Sq they aren't very good for at least their subs aren't.

Ive heard 1 12" audiobahn sub that hit really freakin hard. I think they guy was pumping like 1400 watts into it. in a 2 cu/ft box ported.

My buddies got 2 12"s and I think they're the same ones acutally. Running 900 watts into them. In a 4 cu/ft box. They dont hit harder than my SX.

The 1 12" was in Cav.

2 12"s in a Explorer.

I dont believe they were different subs, but i could be wrong.

I wouldnt go with audiobahn.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.