Rear seat lift kit for trucks

AK_stealth

Virginia
Has anyone taken a look at these for a rear seat lift to add more room for a better sub box?

LMIwelding.com

I can't wrap my head around building a box for SA-8 under my rear seat in a 2017 silverado crew cab without tilting the seat up it must be smaller than older models I guess. Even when thinking about quad 6.5 the idea seems grim. I only want two eights. I swear if I knew the dimensions of all the pieces I could make my own. I wonder if it would void some kind of warranty or create an insurance issue...just looking for conversation on the matter...good day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Has anyone taken a look at these for a rear seat lift to add more room for a better sub box? LMIwelding.com

I can't wrap my head around building a box for SA-8 under my rear seat in a 2017 silverado crew cab without tilting the seat up it must be smaller than older models I guess. Even when thinking about quad 6.5 the idea seems grim. I only want two eights. I swear if I knew the dimensions of all the pieces I could make my own. I wonder if it would void some kind of warranty or create an insurance issue...just looking for conversation on the matter...good day

According to this guy, the seat lift is rather easy and cheap to do yourself.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/635170-my-dual-sundown-sa-10-ported-box-build.html

Has anyone taken a look at these for a rear seat lift to add more room for a better sub box? LMIwelding.com

Its as easy as drilling holes into a metal block and finding longer bolts to bolt the seat in original holes.
Back blocks will be smaller then front blocks due to new seat dimensions

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Its as easy as drilling holes into a metal block and finding longer bolts to bolt the seat in original holes.
Back blocks will be smaller then front blocks due to new seat dimensions

If your raising everything evenly why wouldn't they all bee the same height ?

I bought the kit for my f-150. I remember reading a lot pf people complaining about the price and suggesting to just use wood blocks and longer bolts to lift it. I am glad I didnt listen to them, the kit required some extended angled pieces because some of the bolts didnt just bolt straight down. I have no idea how the silverado is setup but the kit was worth it for the f-150.

I did it on my 2008 sierra cc, it was easy, spent about $60 in total in the 2x2 steel bar and grade 8 nuts and bolts and having it cut into the sizes i needed and drilling the holes. I dont have the tools for that so i had the shop i bought the bar at do it. I think its a total of 8 pieces. And its well worth it

I installed one of the kits in my buddies f150 crew cab. Was a bit confusing at first. But got it Nice kits they lift and move forward a bit. I’ve talked to the maker of the kits. Quite a bit about them

If your raising everything evenly why wouldn't they all bee the same height ?
Depends on model of cab and year.
Some have a hump in back and some are flat.

I built a set for my truck, and yes all of the mounts are going to be same height. The 2 outside mounts were on a bastard angle but nothing to lose sleep over. If u could get some good pictures of under the rear seat , i could most likely figure out a simple drawing to help you out.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I built a box many years ago for a 2002 F-150 that fint nicely under the rear seat with no modification at all. It held a 10" Polk sub and sounded great. It even had 3/4 MDF. It can be done with a little planning.

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.