Rear Screen Projector woes...

Participant count
  • Participant list

95BlackGA
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Missouri
I just got a 51" Rear Projection Panasonic HDTV. I got it for a great price, because the convergence is out on it, and the guy I had bought it from decided to break the glue from the adjusting magnets on the picture tubes to try and get it to line up better. It was totally off when I got it to my house, so I decided to line it up as best as I could, and I've got it to where the middle of the screen looks decent. The problem I am seeing now is that the tilt and pan are off on the outer picture tubes (red, and blue). Since these have 4 screws holding them to where you can't adjust the tilt, and there's to pieces of metal holding it in place so I can't adjust the pan. The T.V. is a Panasonic PT-51HX40B, and the picture tubes are TXFCRT88SER, TXFCRT89SER, and TXFCRT90SER. I believe that the convergence IC's are 7001 and 7002? I'm looking for an OE remote for it, so I can adjust the convergence through the menu, but these **** things are expensive. Anyone have any suggestions, other than replacing the ICs for now? I only bought the T.V. for $50, which is a great price. If I wouldn't have gotten this price, I would have just saved up and got a different 'up-to-date' t.v., but I figure I can give this a shot, and if it cost too much to repair, I can use it to 'pay off' a loan I got from my mother-in-law, 'cause she loves this **** thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.