Rear end humming noise.

Once again I'll post a test. Instead of just guessing it is this or that. You could of googled this test and called your self a professional and the rest of us idiots.

If its two wheel drive not for wheel and you wanna check it out. Jack that back end up put it on stands put some wood in front of the tires. Get a buddy or freind Start it up ,run it to you hear the noise get under there and listen to were its coming from. You can use a long screw driver or long pry bar put the butt up to your ear. I would just use my chassis ears but Im not with you.

Try it OP a real test to see what it is. Not a guess. But from my past it sure sounds like a pinion bearing. I suggest calling up jasper and talk to a tech and ask them why its the bearing not gears.

Once again I'll post a test. Instead of just guessing it is this or that. You could of googled this test and called your self a professional and the rest of us idiots.
If its two wheel drive not for wheel and you wanna check it out. Jack that back end up put it on stands put some wood in front of the tires. Get a buddy or freind Start it up ,run it to you hear the noise get under there and listen to were its coming from. You can use a long screw driver or long pry bar put the butt up to your ear. I would just use my chassis ears but Im not with you.

Try it OP a real test to see what it is. Not a guess. But from my past it sure sounds like a pinion bearing. I suggest calling up jasper and talk to a tech and ask them why its the bearing not gears.
for 1 jasper builds engines and trannies (not very well I might add) they don't know **** about cars. and wait, what is the pinion bearing connected to? oh yeah thats right how silly of me THE FKING PINION GEAR!

YEAH TELL HIM TO RUN HIS TRUCK AT 65 MPH ON A JACK WAY TO GO IDIOT.

for 1 jasper builds engines and trannies (not very well I might add) they don't know **** about cars. and wait, what is the pinion bearing connected to? oh yeah thats right how silly of me THE FKING PINION GEAR!

It can't go 65 miles an hour if it's on a jack //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I thought you knew allot about EVERYTHING. Japser makes more then just engines and transmissions. They make Diffs front and rear, Transfer cases. But you would know that knowing everything. I guess when you went to the web site you couldnt understand that with your lack of reading comprehension skills. For jasper being really Shitty built you sure do see them in allot of cars and trucks all over the place.

Did I say to run it at 100 MPH no. I think he can use his best judgement in when he is running it. As loud as the noise is there at 65 to hear it in a video. Im sure it is there at lower speeds.

Your such a noob at this. Anyone can just guess at what it is. Why not give him some tests to find out what it really is. Instead of running your mouth.

lol I have used Jasper plenty till they sent our shop 4 bad trannies in a row for a 2005 f350. and I said 65 not 100. if your going to tell him how to test it tell him the right way i.e. using stands not just a jack. jesus dude u r a fking moron. and I never guessed at anything, can you read any where that i said this is the problem..... uh no you cant, I gave him a suggestion, my bad for assuming he had any clue at all about it. and the humming noise in his words he said became noticeable in the cab at around 65mph which is indicitive of a rear end issue. not necesarilly the gears but somewhere in the general area which gives him a place to start looking. chassis ears lolz you young guys all need gadgets to find something us oldschool "mechanics" (not book learned worthless "techs") use our skills and experience to find.

Me telling him to put it on stands. Did you read that part SicAudio. I just love your lack of reading comprehension skills. And to help your old a$$ out. Chassis ears can be used for whole bunch of things. They have been out for many, many of years buddy. I bet they are even older then you are. Talking like you are older then dirt at the age of 38 lmao. Us young guys.

Good luck to the OP. Sorry that your thread got pooped on bye me and this other guy. I just hate ppl who feel the need to correct everyone they see when they are not even wrong. Or just made a simple statment.

you have my apology audioatq i thought thats what you said the 1st time and i misread it.. and yeah i have a very old set of chassis ears (non electric stethascope type) but I have never needed them for chassis use. i use them to listen to trannies and engines mostly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

1 or 2 piece drive shaft? If it is a 2 piece, it could be the center bearing on the drive shaft. Or like others said pinion, axle bearings. Gears dont wear that often unless they are ran dry, or beat on severely.
The carrier bearing on my s10 had this issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.