Rear Deck Speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drivin' Dave

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've got a 2016 Chrysler 200 LX with a basic factory sound system. All there is for speakers are front door and rear deck speakers. It's pretty sad. I don't know what the front speakers are, but the rear deck speakers are 15 watt and made in Mexico. Like I said, it's sad.
Being on a pensioner's budget, I can't go crazy. But I have ordered a 10" Rockford Fosgate P300-10 sealed, powered subwoofer, and I'm likely going to install 6"x9" JL Audio C1-690 component speakers (60 watt) in the front doors, with the separate tweeters at either end of the dash, under existing grilles. I'm also planning on installing a Kenwood KAC-M1814 class D, 4 channel amp. (45 watts RMS per channel)
I'm interested in your comments regarding whether or not to install two JL Audio 6"x9" 2-way speakers in the back deck. Nobody ever sits in the back, and I'm usually the only one in the car. Would those rear speakers be essentially cancelled out by the sub?

Any thoughts and comments would be welcome. Thank you......Dave

PS.... I forgot to mention that the component JL 6x9s have a sensitivity rating of 94db. I think that's good.

Save your money and just remove the rear deck speakers so the bass will travel in the cab more. I suggest the Pioneer D8704 for your front stage. I don’t dislike JL but think you can get better for the money. How much is that set?

That's kind of what I suspected Cliff. I'll just take those back speakers out. Also there's an cutout for a free air sub in the middle of the rear deck. So that'll be even more opportunity for the main cabin to benefit from the sub.
The Pioneer amp. is 215% physically larger than the Kenwood. The Kenwood is $150 Cdn/$113USD. To be honest, I think it's all the amp I'll ever need. And the size and price are right.
What do you think........Dave

Pioneer is proven to be a solid performer at a low price point. I prefer it over Kenwood. What are you powering your sub stage with?

The JL C2 speakers are a much nicer choice and since you're only buying 2 and not 4, it also makes financial sense. I concur that on front speakers only is the right move.

The Kenwood amp is a fine choice. At that price, there aren't huge differences.

When installing front speakers, you'll need some rolls of closed cell weatherstripping foam. You need to seal the speaker to the door and then seal the front of the speaker to the door panel. Basically, create a seal that would be airtight to ensure you get as much separation as possible of front-to-rear.

Pioneer is proven to be a solid performer at a low price point. I prefer it over Kenwood. What are you powering your sub stage with?
I'm not familiar with some of the lingo, but if you're talking about the subwoofer, it's an all-in-one powered sub enclosure package. It's a 10" sub, with a 300 watt RMS class D amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.