really bad engine whine

Participant count
  • Participant list

sothrowd
10+ year member

Its Dallas *****
Dallas Tx
Ok as yall know of in my previous thread that my battery died from the positive grounded out, and the battery went completely dead, well now I just got a new battery, thanx to a warrenty, everything hooked up right, now the **** engine wants to whine like a little *****. I first noticed it last night when the battery died. And now its alot worse, the engine runs and starts fine, but its annoying. I took off the RCAs from the head unit because they wernt shielded, The amp aint going to be hooked up till I get proper wiring with a fuse, so it cant be that ground. The ground on the head unit is correct and didnt have a problem with this before the way it was grounded, so thats not it. Its driving me crazy. What can cause my engine to whine so loud? And would this hurt my engine in any way by it whining? Or did my van just turn into a whining little *****?

Ground your RCAs behind head unit. Take some thin a$$ speaker wire put it around the male part of the RCA and plug it into the HU. Do this for BOTH of them. Then after that is done, touch the back of your CD player with the opposite ends of the wires, and press of the gas to see if it cuts out the whining. If it does, find you a TIGHT crease on your HU's outer shell, attach & stuff those ends into that crease.

If that doesn't stop the whining, Do the ABOVE, and then go to Walmart and buy you that Noise Isolator for about $10-$15.

****NOTE****

To keep from buyin' adaptors and other $hit, you're goin' to have to connect the Isolator backwards.

Ex: [RCAs from HU]--->[Output of ISOLATOR] then [iNPUT of ISOLATOR]--->[iNPUT of AMP]

**** bout time someone replied, I thought ill never get a reply, but thanks for the info, Ill try this tomarow when I get a chance

but just one question. The rca never made the engine whine and the rcs is unpluged from the hu. But the engine still whines, and its loud. everything was wired perfect, the amps not hooked up no more to the battery. whats the best bet?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.