Realllly Noob Question, But I Need Help

sole cal
10+ year member

Alright so I got my 2 subs with a box that it came with and I want to push my box further in my trunk so I can get more trunk space and access the spare tire easier.

In order to push my box further in, it needs to be cut around 1-2 inches. Will cutting it mess up anything. Please inform me and not flame lol, im a noooooob.

Here are some pics, please help

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Its pretty difficult to cut a box. You'd have to chop off the back half, then add a new panel closer in. Just build a new box that fits better. Go to Home Depot, buy a sheet of 3/4" MDF, cut out the sides, cut out the holes, clamp it together with wood glue, then put some screws in and you're done.

Don't cut throught the port. It will completely alter the design of the box, which, in turn, will most likely end up sounding horrible.

Doesn't look like you can go much smaller in size unless you make a sealed box.

you mean cut off the ports? lol no bad idea
just the left port, but there is still a port toward the left back of the box so air would still come out but it would be closer to the sub, would anything get messed up? it would still be surrounded by a closure because I am pushing the box in and it would be surrounded by the inner part of the trunk

just the left port, but there is still a port toward the left back of the box so air would still come out but it would be closer to the sub, would anything get messed up? it would still be surrounded by a closure because I am pushing the box in and it would be surrounded by the inner part of the trunk
you cant just cut off a port, if you do that the box will have way to much airspace, stop being lazy and just make a new sealed box with smaller dimensions. its not hard a trained monkey could do it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.