real scoop on S2w8?

audio_guy
10+ year member

Arizona
So I went to purchase 2 after I got my taxes but when I ordered them I recieved email notification that they were unavailable from audiosavings due to a defect in them.

Then they are back up for sale and cheaper than before but no one has anything to say on them. I read a review on DIYMA and the guy said he sent his back and never updated. From looking into more threads it seems the "defective" is a familiar term... I saw a guy saying he got different motors on his older 8" cadence subs but were both the same model number.

I am still at a lost whats really going on. I seen tons for sale by members and they never used them. Amazon is selling them now but there is no reviews and people who I talk to about them say they dont even want to waste their time.

But I am needing 8's (that work well) and not some defects from overly stiff suspension and poor parameters.

from what i was told when i contacted the rep, was the first batch of the new 8s were considered "defective" because they were so stiff and wouldnt move at all but was told that the issue was fixed with the ones on the market now. i was worried since i purchased two of them. i havent tried them out yet since i am still waiting to get them in the truck......if this stupid tropical storm ever goes away i can get them in there.

As others stated it's probably best to contact them dirrectly. However, with so many other 8" on the market why wouldn't you look into something else as well? Seeing that you are having a hard time finding info on them (and the info that you are finding is bad) that alone would honestly lead me to look for something else.

As others stated it's probably best to contact them dirrectly. However, with so many other 8" on the market why wouldn't you look into something else as well? Seeing that you are having a hard time finding info on them (and the info that you are finding is bad) that alone would honestly lead me to look for something else.
Well there isnt much else out there. DD 1508 and 2508 are both over-rated even price wise. The sundown v.2 8 wouldn't play as low the original cvl 8 and the only other one worth while i can think of is the infinity 8. But its more happy sealed and i want ported. I was hoping these were to be similar to the cvl versions but there are no real tsp specs like listed on amazon by a reviewer that did on the cvl8.

Well there isnt much else out there. DD 1508 and 2508 are both over-rated even price wise. The sundown v.2 8 wouldn't play as low the original cvl 8 and the only other one worth while i can think of is the infinity 8. But its more happy sealed and i want ported. I was hoping these were to be similar to the cvl versions but there are no real tsp specs like listed on amazon by a reviewer that did on the cvl8.
So your going to choose Cadence 8"s infinity 8"s over SA & DD 8"??? I gotta tell ya, I've owned SA, DD, Cadence (these very one's your asking about), infinity, Sound Splinter, AA, Skar, Type R, and many others all 8"s, and the 2 you just picked would be at the very bottom of the list. I would ever go as far as to say i'd pick Kicker L7 8" over them. Not trying to bash you, just trying to understand you to help you with your decision making. There are several more 8"s out than just the one's I listed as well.

Dude the SA-8 v.2 gets stupid low. If that is the only thing that scares you about them you have nothing to worry about. They go lower than most subs I have heard period 8 inch or otherwise

lmao

Dude the SA-8 v.2 gets stupid low. If that is the only thing that scares you about them you have nothing to worry about. They go lower than most subs I have heard period 8 inch or otherwise

Jacob himself said in the v.2 thread that it wont be able to be as low and have as much output as the cvl revision 2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

audio_guy

10+ year member
audio_guy
Arizona
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from