Re Xxx

Why you say it's a big paper weight?
kuz for the amount of money spent on that sub u could get a different sub that will be more efficient with the power u would have to use for the xxx12 and on top of that still hit the lows well and ur box wont be as big ....with the xxx12 the speaker itself is so dam big u have to build a box bigger than normal just to accomidate the size of the sub....its a very impractical sub...i wish re never got bought out by usamps ..cuz then we would still have the old xxx here ..not these water down cheap parts using subs re is pumping out to these dealers and the dealers claim re to be the best subs ever ********...sorry i had to vent:confused:

kuz for the amount of money spent on that sub u could get a different sub that will be more efficient with the power u would have to use for the xxx12 and on top of that still hit the lows well and ur box wont be as big ....with the xxx12 the speaker itself is so dam big u have to build a box bigger than normal just to accomidate the size of the sub....its a very impractical sub...i wish re never got bought out by usamps ..cuz then we would still have the old xxx here ..not these water down cheap parts using subs re is pumping out to these dealers and the dealers claim re to be the best subs ever ********...sorry i had to vent:confused:

I feel your pain.. I honestly consider the mx to be the closest to the old xxx moreso than the new xxx is.. least to my ears.

Actually, a new XXX in the right [sealed] box will perform quite well. People just aren't willing to build a big enough box for them to see anywhere near their excursion potential without risking thermal failure well before. This problem is intensified even more so when they are placed into the tiny ported boxes everyone here loves. Dont blame the speaker for a shitty install procedure. I own old XXX's so if anything Im biased the other way, and even I can see the potential in the newer subs.

The same people who designed the old xxx, designed the new xxx. I have to wonder how opinions would vary from now if they hadn't sold the company shortly there after, and if RE would recommend more realistic enclosures for the driver.

lol stupid
haha, how? I know what i'm talking about...some shops have a hard time getting equipment from re right now, every time they call and place a order they get a run around on why they can't be sent out. a week later they call again, another run around. There are also other things that have happened with re lately...

WOW, you guys are starting to make me feel like I wasted my money, is there anyone on here that has any expirence with the new XXXs?
Its like Im talking to a fucking wall. Whatever dude, go sell it cheap, chances look slim you will utilize it correctly anyway. Or pop it in a 2 cu.ft. ported box and then join the masses saying they ****.

Its like Im talking to a fucking wall. Whatever dude, go sell it cheap, chances look slim you will utilize it correctly anyway. Or pop it in a 2 cu.ft. ported box and then join the masses saying they ****.
This made me laugh.

Listen to him. I would put my money on him knowing a thing or two.

**** dude whats your ****in problem, if you got nothing good to say GTFO, I'm only trying to find out whats up with sub.

haha, how? I know what i'm talking about...some shops have a hard time getting equipment from re right now, every time they call and place a order they get a run around on why they can't be sent out. a week later they call again, another run around. There are also other things that have happened with re lately...
You don't know what you're talking about. I'd even venture to say you might actually think you know what you're talking about. But in fact you're just some internet dweller who knows everything about anything.

If you would like to prove how much you know then do so. Until then you're just another stick in the mud.

**** dude whats your ****in problem, if you got nothing good to say GTFO, I'm only trying to find out whats up with sub.
And he helped you more than anyone in this thread. You just failed to see that and made yourself out to be a complete douche in the process.

I understand he helped me more than anyone on this thread, but did he have to respond the way he did? All I was doing was trying to get info on this sub, and he got really rude. No need for that.

he didnt help the Op really at all.

80inches did, i todl him pretty much the same thing on another forum, i have owned 3 of them and in huge or recommended boxes theres better got the money out there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

puyallupn8ive

10+ year member
puyallupn8ive
Tacoma, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from