Re Xxx

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif good luck with that.
Truth.
The new XXX is the epitome of a speaker that does not need, nor want, alot of wattage to perform well. It simply needs the right enclosure. But people try to be lazy and 'tune' their sub stage (for lack of a better term) with power, instead of different enclosures. The new XXX is not forgiving in this regard. In the right setup, it will kick some serious ass. But on a forum where everyone runs 4 cubes per 15, with as much power as they can afford, you will get alot of replies that they are an over rated POS.

Truth.
The new XXX is the epitome of a speaker that does not need, nor want, alot of wattage to perform well. It simply needs the right enclosure. But people try to be lazy and 'tune' their sub stage (for lack of a better term) with power, instead of different enclosures. The new XXX is not forgiving in this regard. In the right setup, it will kick some serious ass. But on a forum where everyone runs 4 cubes per 15, with as much power as they can afford, you will get alot of replies that they are an over rated POS.

I never did ask what size of an enclosure would you recommend for 1 12"?

I got my XXX yesterday, I was wondering how big of a sealed enclosure I should build for this thing? I looked on the RE website and the enclosure they recommed seem to be pretty small IDK.

Also the speaker is so heavy I was also wondering how I'm going to mount this sub.

I got my XXX yesterday, I was wondering how big of a sealed enclosure I should build for this thing? I looked on the RE website and the enclosure they recommed seem to be pretty small IDK.
Also the speaker is so heavy I was also wondering how I'm going to mount this sub.
with screws into wood:fyi:

I never did ask what size of an enclosure would you recommend for 1 12"?
Pop the t/s specs into WinISD and see what happens. I dont have it installed on this computer (nor will I) and I dont remember what sizes they like, but I know it was considerably larger than RE advertises.

Pop the t/s specs into WinISD and see what happens. I dont have it installed on this computer (nor will I) and I dont remember what sizes they like, but I know it was considerably larger than RE advertises.

Cool thanks, I will try that out!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

puyallupn8ive

10+ year member
puyallupn8ive
Tacoma, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from