Re Sx 12"

Qbenjamin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Braavos
Just curious, since RE is suggesting that this sub not be used in a sealed box.........I need to know has anyone done so anywayz? I know that they are saying that it's not suggested, but I can't see why you can't put it in one either. I need to save some trunk space in my G, and I would hate to have to put a 2 cubed ported box in it........Any info would be appreciated. I was thinking maybe a 1.25^ sealed?

usually when you put a sub not made for a sealed enclosure in a sealed enclosure it dont sound to good i tried that with my earthquakes and they werent lound and sounded gross but when i put them in the ported box like tey were supposed to be they pounded

Just curious, since RE is suggesting that this sub not be used in a sealed box.........I need to know has anyone done so anywayz? I know that they are saying that it's not suggested, but I can't see why you can't put it in one either. I need to save some trunk space in my G, and I would hate to have to put a 2 cubed ported box in it........Any info would be appreciated. I was thinking maybe a 1.25^ sealed?
Never did try my old one in a sealed box. I figured RE knew what they were talking about...

Never did try my old one in a sealed box. I figured RE knew what they were talking about...
Well, right now I am at a loss for words..........The sub came in today, and one of the **** coils are reading 5.8 ohms, while the other reads 2.2. RE tech support happily informed me that the coil that was high is blown/burnt out. I haven't been able in contact with the seller yet, as I just found this out about an hour ago.

had built a sealed box for a friend and put in a 15 atlas that he blew 2 days after i had properly set the gains:verymad://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif:verymad:(he changed the settings)

so i decided to show him why the SX's were made for ported and put it in the sealed box on my amp. and woooooooooooo did it sound like ****. couldn't even play it for 2 minutes i hated the sound of it that much. output ****** ass too.

port that bish

had built a sealed box for a friend and put in a 15 atlas that he blew 2 days after i had properly set the gains:verymad://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif:verymad:(he changed the settings)so i decided to show him why the SX's were made for ported and put it in the sealed box on my amp. and woooooooooooo did it sound like ****. couldn't even play it for 2 minutes i hated the sound of it that much. output ****** ass too.

port that bish
I would have absolutely no space in my G if I did that.

Well, right now I am at a loss for words..........The sub came in today, and one of the **** coils are reading 5.8 ohms, while the other reads 2.2. RE tech support happily informed me that the coil that was high is blown/burnt out. I haven't been able in contact with the seller yet, as I just found this out about an hour ago.
bad luck FTL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Qbenjamin

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Qbenjamin
Braavos
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date