RE Subs

sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

for your viewing pleasure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

i have a quick question about the XXX. from what i hear its a great SQ sub and also will get loud. the main thing i want is SQ but i also want it to get loud. how would u compare the loudness of the XXX to others. like will it get as loud as a kicker L5 etc. also about the RE SX. i hear this sub is mostly SPL. which is louder the SX or XXX? and what about the SX's SQ. im trying to find some answers before i make a purchase.. in the long run would it be worth spending the extra dollar to get the XXX over SX?

Oh man I want one so bad, but yeah at the end of the month once you are bumpin in style let me know what you think. I'm new with the RE's so I can't really help you out, but I'm wonder the same thing. We will let some of the experts help out.

i have a quick question about the XXX. from what i hear its a great SQ sub and also will get loud. the main thing i want is SQ but i also want it to get loud. how would u compare the loudness of the XXX to others. like will it get as loud as a kicker L5 etc. also about the RE SX. i hear this sub is mostly SPL. which is louder the SX or XXX? and what about the SX's SQ. im trying to find some answers before i make a purchase.. in the long run would it be worth spending the extra dollar to get the XXX over SX?
The XXX will kill an L5 in SPL given enough power. It's almost not fair to compare the two.

The SX is supposedly the perfect daily driver for around 1000-1300 watts rms. Mine has great SQ and even better SPL and I give it 1225 rms.

Between the XXX and SX, the SX will be louder than the XXX if you only have 1300 or less watts to give. Anything above that, the XXX is king.

Hope this helps, what amp do you have?

has anyone tried a SX on around 650watts?....since the SX was backordered, i canceled and held my order....so now im rethinking if i want a SE or SX now...the price diff will get me some fatmat, yum....errrmmmmm tough choice.

So Ghs_wrestler189.....what you are saying is if you got more power the XXX is RE's best right now?

i got 1600watts and want to run the 18" XXX....that enough power to be retarted loud?

So Ghs_wrestler189.....what you are saying is if you got more power the XXX is RE's best right now?
i got 1600watts and want to run the 18" XXX....that enough power to be retarted loud?
yes, port it, give it like 5 cubes at least after displacement tuned to 30-35hz and u will be raterted loud. what amp are u using?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.