RE SE12 w/ MRP-500

It will work, but as others said this thing really needs more power. I would say at least 750 watts. That is what I am running and even then it does not seem like enough.

I have run mine on 750 daily with no problems. I even did 900 on one for a few days and it lived, so that should tell you how much more they like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif...

When you guys say a sub will take X amount of power, do you mean x amount of power coming out of the amp tuned via dmm or THAT actual amount of power?

because when i tune things its by actual power. If you tune your amp for 700w with a 50hz -3db tone even, it will only play 500w on songs max. Unless you find a song recorded at 0db.

So when you say you gave a RE SE 900w for a few days do you really mean it played at like 600w?

When you guys say a sub will take X amount of power, do you mean x amount of power coming out of the amp tuned via dmm or THAT actual amount of power?
because when i tune things its by actual power. If you tune your amp for 700w with a 50hz -3db tone even, it will only play 500w on songs max. Unless you find a song recorded at 0db.

So when you say you gave a RE SE 900w for a few days do you really mean it played at like 600w?
hahah nice catch there..

Even if you play a test tone at -3db for tuning is all your music at -3db? probably not. you probably make a few adjustments on the HU for bass and then your going over your rated tuned amount.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JoeSVT

10+ year member
JoeSVT
SAN BERNARDINO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from