RE RE components

Participant count
  • Participant list

IgnoreMe
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com VIP
caraudio.com
well after hours and hours of messin around with the new car, me and a friend got all my stuff installed. this review however is for the frontstage: RE RE comps. first thing i noticed when i got these guys, was the lack of a tweeter mount. the only option is flush mount, which at first ****** i thought. however, after an hour of contemplating whether or not to put holes in my door panel of my almost brand new car (its not new but you cant even tell that its used, super clean in and out), i finally took the plunge and mounted the tweets in the doors. i was scared but i gues it worked out good. anyways, the mids are in stock location, while the tweets, as stated before are placed higher up. they are ran off an alpine mrv-t320 which puts out 80x2. well i drove around for about an hour to get a feel for them and heres what happened

the SQ on these speakers is awesome! i had the cdt cd-61a's and while they sounded good at lower volume, when cranked they sounded horrible. the RE's on the other hand...wow! sooooo clear, sooo lively, and so **** nice. i didnt know speakers could sound this good, and get this loud. there is no distortion whatsoever, and they dont suffer from that hollow sound i had with the cdt's. of course i havnt had a chance to mess with the x over too much (just enough to get them to play nicely) but i will do that tomorrow. either way, i cant believe these speakers are only 165 shipped. awesome price for awesome speakers. i couldnt be happier. RE RE comps get a 10/10 in my book.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

IgnoreMe

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com VIP
IgnoreMe
caraudio.com
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies