RE: BTL (Fi audio subs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enns_aw
10+ year member

Longrod Von Hugendong
Canada
Hey,

I hear all the hype about Fi subs and how great they are and blah blah blah.

So why exactly are they so great. the BTL in particular seems like a waste of $.

$350 (US) for a 10" BTL. its got good paper stats. But if you want low bass then why buy it? Its Fs is 40 Hz... isnt that a bit high?

I can buy an RL-p 12" for $230 (US) that seems to have better paper stats. It has an Fs lower than 40 Hz. It also seems to be better for sound quality.

I can buy a 10" Arsenal from AA for $150 (US) that has better paper stats. It also has an Fs lower than 40 Hz. It also seems to be better fo sound quality as well.

So tell me why i would want to spend 350 on a single sub when i can get better ones for cheaper....Plz tell me?

The BTL's are an SPL oriented sub. You can read this on their description on the manufacturer's home page.

They have extreme power handling and output capabilities.

the FS isnt exactly the ONLY thing that limits low end extension.

and really, u seem to not know a **** thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

also, paper stats are just that...paper stats. your putting these subwoofers in a CAR! not writing about them on paper. and also, "better" is subjective, just like sound quality. how can you sit and say an rl-p is BETTER than a BTL, when you haven yet to hear both i assume. please tell me WHAT makes the arsenal BETTER than the rl-p, or BETTER than the BTL.

paper stats are paper stats. yes I have them for my custom build, as its a good starting point to learn what your sub was made to do.....but that doesnt mean it cant OUT DO those numbers.

also....if you want a low frequency characteristic sub.....the 10's arent going to produce the lows like a 15 or 18 NO MATTER WHAT.

You seem to think that the Fs of a driver determines how low it'll play...which is false.

Paper stats are one thing, what actually happens in reality is another...just ask TC Sounds //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

hmm interesting question. If everything was based on "paper stats" Then I could go buy a blitz audio 4000 watt amp for like 150$ and have an amp that pumps crazy watts for real cheap, but we all know it doesnt preform up to that level. now im not saying the rlp isnt a good sub or anything, but there has got to be a reason why the btl is priced much higher than it.

Ok easy killer. Even think the "hype" might be well founded?

First off, the BTL from Fi is a competition sub that can be run daily, and can take goobs of power. Not the right choice for most people who just want a good daily driver. The Fi X, SSD, and Q models are better fitted for daily usage. The reason the BTL Fs is high is because it is made to excell in SPL and Bassrace set ups where the tones are higher for the most part than daily average music.

Second, the RL-p is a good SQ sub for the money that runs well for a normal install and 1000 watts for it is more than enough, in no way can it take the power the BTL can.

Third, the Arsenal, is an entry level SQ sub that is no way compared to the BTL.

So they are all in different price brackets and have different design goals. So in no way shape or form is one better than the other, some just fit different applications better.

double posting AND in bold.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

*awaits the rest of noobx flaming.

Aaron always posts in bold, that's nothing new //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Aaron always posts in bold, that's nothing new //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
well crap.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...