My XXX making a rattling noise ???

Participant count
  • Participant list

enzowho
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Oregon
Alright a few of months ago I bought an 18" XXX with a fresh with a recone from RE. I inverted it in a fiberglass box (3.45 cu ft with about 4.5 lbs of polyfill) and immediately heard what sounded like a rattle coming from somewhere in my trunk. It wasn't loud but increased in volume with sub volume.

Anyways, today I was trying to figure out where that "rattle" was coming from and found that if I touch the cone (or surround) while its playing the noise ceases completely. I don't have to put any pressure on it, just touch it. Anybody have any ideas what might be going on? The noise doesn't seem to be coming from the VC area, the tinsels are definitely not contacting the cone and I'm only sending it properly adjusted power from my US Amps MD-2D.

i had the same problem and got it reconed and was fine for a week so i was like **** it. sold it on ebay and got my audioque and havnt been so happy with my audio system, well after having amp probs but now that i got my soundstream //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

the hell do u have an 18" XXX in 3.5 cubes for
RE recommended 4.2 sealed. With the fiberfill it should be about that. Its not sufficating that's for sure. Oh yeah, it probaby isn't relevant to this thread but its an older model, not the 06.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.