RE Audio XXX 12" sealed box recommendations

Its peaky. Hits real loud then just drops off. It almost sounds like it hits backwards. Not the best way to describe it but I can't think of another way to say it. I really just want a flat response from as low as I can (say 20-25) to like 80. I'm not sure If this is possible in any box but id be happy with a flatter response across a broader range than It hits now.

I've recently discovered a video of a 12 In a 4th order bandpass box that hit pretty flat in that range but I have no experience with them. Any advice on those would be appreciated too.

You're going to want to do something like 2.25-2.5ft^3 with a 25-26hz tuning. Since the Fs is so low(21hz), tuning even at 33hz is going to give you a big peak that will just seem to drop off on either side(mainly lower). Going with a slightly smaller box and a lower tuning will hurt efficiency, but throw 3kw at it and you should get some good bass out of it. I don't expect it to play very well up to 80hz though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.