RCA to 4 channel amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Varmit

CarAudio.com Newbie
Norway
I have a Kenwood player with 2 RCA outputs, namely rear and subwoofer. Im connecting this to a 4 channel amp, that will drive component fronts and a subwoofer(2+1 channels).
How is this to be connected? I want to set my crossover on my player.

1. Left RCA on player splitted to Front(L+R) on amp, and right RCA on player to rear on amp?
2. RCA(L+R) on player to front on amp, and pre-out to rear in on amp?
3. Left RCA on player splitted to left(front+rear) on amp, and right RCA on player splitted to right(front+rear) on amp?

Or some other configuration?

RCA’s from stereo to front input on amp. Rear input switch on amplifier set to off.
You will not be able to use the crossover in the player.

Id throw in a Pre-amp Eq or look for a 3-way crossover.EQ will give you more options to clean up any of your music at your finger-tips. Just my 2cents

Hmm, okay. Seems like my player has only rear RCA output, so my fronts are playing as rear speakers on the player. Is there any difference in signal to front and rear speakers?

At the moment, fronts are set to 50hz high pass and sub to 50hz low pass. RCA from player to front in, and RCA via RCA volume adjuster from pre-out to rear in (sub).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.