cuddy8888

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have two amplifiers:

Rockford Fosgate: T1000X5AD
Rockford Fosgate: T400X2AD

Kenwood Excelon Reference Components Up front
Hertz coaxials in the rear
Rockford 10 in sub

My radio, Kenwood DMX1057XR only has 6 pre-amp outputs.

How do I solve the problem of using all six pre-amp outputs on my 5 channel amp, while also using my two other RCAs on the two-channel amp?

Do I need to factor in a DSP or Equalizer? If so, recommendations or arguments why I should consider a DSP anyways?

I assume I can't run all four speaker channels on the 5 channel amp through just the front channel RCA?

A little confused, lol. Thanks for the help.

I have two amplifiers:

Rockford Fosgate: T1000X5AD
Rockford Fosgate: T400X2AD

Kenwood Excelon Reference Components Up front
Hertz coaxials in the rear
Rockford 10 in sub

My radio, Kenwood DMX1057XR only has 6 pre-amp outputs.

How do I solve the problem of using all six pre-amp outputs on my 5 channel amp, while also using my two other RCAs on the two-channel amp?

Do I need to factor in a DSP or Equalizer? If so, recommendations or arguments why I should consider a DSP anyways?

I assume I can't run all four speaker channels on the 5 channel amp through just the front channel RCA?

A little confused, lol. Thanks for the help.

What's your goal? Running active front plus rear fill?

Why even have the coax at all?

With only 6 preouts you only have potential control of 4 speakers plus sub not 6 plus sub. A dsp often let's you add and control more. But you no longer are controlling the outputs from the headunit but rather the dsp is.

Helix, minidsp, DD DSi-3, JL has their dsp, and audio control has a good one as well. Really it's more about the interface you like more than the dsp.

I personally like the DD DSi-3 not that it's specifically better than the others helix currently makes the best dsp on the market, but I like the DD interface.

What's your goal? Running active front plus rear fill?

Why even have the coax at all?

With only 6 preouts you only have potential control of 4 speakers plus sub not 6 plus sub. A dsp often let's you add and control more. But you no longer are controlling the outputs from the headunit but rather the dsp is.

Helix, minidsp, DD DSi-3, JL has their dsp, and audio control has a good one as well. Really it's more about the interface you like more than the dsp.

I personally like the DD DSi-3 not that it's specifically better than the others helix currently makes the best dsp on the market, but I like the DD interface.

goal is to run components as BI AMP up front rear fill.
I am also using. Rockford DSR1, but assumed that would come out of the equation since I’m putting in an aftermarket radio? Could I leave the DSR1 in, use that 8th channel on it, and still use the aftermarket radio with no issue?

appreciate the quick reply

goal is to run components as BI AMP up front rear fill.
I am also using. Rockford DSR1, but assumed that would come out of the equation since I’m putting in an aftermarket radio? Could I leave the DSR1 in, use that 8th channel on it, and still use the aftermarket radio with no issue?

appreciate the quick reply

I'd just run the dsr1

The headunit is incapable of controlling more than 4 speakers plus sub. You could split channels 3/4 to the rear speakers amp and it won't hurt anything but you lose the ability to do any time alignment separating the front a rear doors.

I personally would just ditch the rears if the headunit itself provides you with enough dsp features.

Really it's just a preference thing but I don't like having sound come from behind me.

The drs1 I haven't had a chance to play with but it should provide decent dsp features to control time alignment and crossovers as needed. Along with some eq iirc.

Biamping the components should be fine. You might find them a little bright at the crossover point but some mid eq can typically tame that

I'd just run the dsr1

The headunit is incapable of controlling more than 4 speakers plus sub. You could split channels 3/4 to the rear speakers amp and it won't hurt anything but you lose the ability to do any time alignment separating the front a rear doors.

I personally would just ditch the rears if the headunit itself provides you with enough dsp features.

Really it's just a preference thing but I don't like having sound come from behind me.

The drs1 I haven't had a chance to play with but it should provide decent dsp features to control time alignment and crossovers as needed. Along with some eq iirc.

Biamping the components should be fine. You might find them a little bright at the crossover point but some mid eq can typically tame that

Thank you. Appreciate the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...