RCA cables

99ChevyZ71
10+ year member

I am installing my new HU in a couple of days and will also be using new rca wires. I see rca's run from like $10 all the way to $100. I believe I have nice equipment but **** is it worth it to spend $100 on rca cables.

What make the $100 rca soo much better than the $10-20 one. Will I notice a BIG sound difference?

Not really any proven benefit to spending hundreds of dollars for your RCA's.

Basic RCA's that you find in the car stereo section at WalMart will work just as well.

A higher price doesn't necessarily equate to better performance.

I made my own custom length RCA's for both of my cars.

Both have 2 pairs of 18ft RCA's and 2 pairs of 6.5ft RCA's.

Each car cost me about $30 total for RCA materials.

No audible difference.

Save yourself the cash and use either a basic quality RCA or build your own from scratch.

Here's a shot of the ones I made for my cars.

Not too bad for under $30.

rcas2.jpg

Sound wise you probably wont hear a difference. RCA's can, however, affect noise rejection. If you don't have any noise $10 ones will suit you just fine. If you do get some noise I think you can get Stinger Hypers for around $25.

Good to know. I was wondering this myself. I was told that good RCAs made a big difference compared to cheaper ones. I guess they provide a "cleaner" sound? If it's not a huge price difference I think I"ll go with a reputable brand. 100 bucks though is out of the question.

Some Say Rca's Don't Matter..

I Disagree *did A Pair Of Walmart Vs A Pair Of Monster Cable.. There Wasn't A Big Difference But There Was A Difference!

I Disagree *did A Pair Of Walmart Vs A Pair Of Monster Cable.. There Wasn't A Big Difference But There Was A Difference!
Was this test an actual double blind test where you weren't aware of which RCA was being used, where several switches of the said RCA's are involved and you guess at which one is which? If so, your ears are better than anyone I've ever heard of.

Thanks guys for the info!

My mom went to the local car stereo place and bought them for me with me knowing. She ended up buy a set of Monster Cable 4 channel. lol guess I wont be buy them.

Was this test an actual double blind test where you weren't aware of which RCA was being used, where several switches of the said RCA's are involved and you guess at which one is which? If so, your ears are better than anyone I've ever heard of.
thanks man.... i guess hearing sq systems all day has kept my ears the same as they were when i was born....

:thumbsup

Oh darn, you're right. They do come in different colors.

I still haven't seen any evidence of any type of RCA, regardless of cost, have the ability to effect sound quality in any way shape or form.

likely you or anyone else would be hard pressed to find any such evidence either.

ok put it like this.......

using walmart rcas he heard alt wine...

upgraded to monster cable..... (wire ran along same path)

no more alt wine....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.