rattling rear view mirror

Its proven that eventually it will stop itself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

(answer already given)

if there were screws to tighten, it would have been done already. it's not exactly the mirror, but rather the enclosure the mirror is in... like the plastic is hitting the mirror or something.

i thought there was a screw in all of them, how does ur mirror come off then for mine i have to loosen a screw then it slides out..

well if it's the enclosure if the mirror, u could take it off and see if u could get in the enclosure and put some very nice glue on it so it won't move, i'd stuff it myself wt some cotton or somthin.. but thats me ..actually i'd do both //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yeah, it's the mirror encloser/housing that's rattling. i was thinking of opening it up and putting something to dampen it so that it may stop it from rattling, but i dunno how to open it up.. i have a 97 jeep grand cherokee, and the rear view mirror is one of the ones with the auto dimming feature. well, any more help would be appreciated. thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well i have a 93 jeep grand cherokee. my mirror shakes but it doesn't make a rattling noise. never really bothers me a ton. i just use my side mirrors when its really moving.

well only thing i can think of is get some supa glue and put it around the edges of the mirror.. u can put alot then go back wt a razor and scrape off the excess..

yeah if u can get the mirror out of the housing then u could take it out and put some glue behind it then put it back in. but honestly its gona rattle no matter what as long as u get rid of the noise then thats what matters

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.