Having trouble finding the right alternator for a 2012 Impreza (not WRX/STI)

Participant count
  • Participant list

revrad

CarAudio.com Newbie
WA
I have a 2012 Impreza 2.0i, the lights dim a decent bit when my sub hits at/close to full volume. Trying to upgrade to a ~220A or so alternator to fix that, my stock 110A one isn't gonna do it for a 1000W Class D + 250W Class A/B. Already did the big 4 upgrade with little to no improvement in dimming.

I was about ready to buy a brand x, then saw a thread where a few people were saying their alternators didn't seem to actually "turn on" until above 1000RPM, so their idle voltage would be like 12v with the engine running. So I'm kind of scared away from them unless someone has any further insight on that.

Open to other options... I'd of course like to save a little money if possible but I know not to just go with whatever is cheapest without researching. Thanks in advance

Try contacting the company...most of them are pretty helpful about picking the right alternator...
I did contact them, one of my main questions though was if people had any opinions on Brand X because I saw a few threads saying people had issues with them. They said they can make me an alt but now I'm a bit concerned it would be a problematic one.

I'm not a big fan of Brand X personally. My car idles at 500rpm and my Autotech didn't turn on until 650. I sent it back and he redid it to turn on lower at no charge. It's been great ever since.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...