rather confused...

Participant count
  • Participant list
So just recently I got a HCCA PSI 18. Its in a 8.75 cu ft but tuned at 32Hz. I have all 0 gauge, no extra batteries yet and its on a Zeus 3200 amp. I have it in my 98 k1500 extended cab. The box can out of a 97 Tahoe. When in the Tahoe it flexed everything and i mean everything. He has the same electrical I have. Keys shook, dash flexed like crazy, it was awesome. Now with the box in the truck it just barely fits. The port is forward sub is up. The port is directly into the bench seat in the front so that can't be helping. Its very loud, like a pressure box. At volume 40 the voltage starts to drop pretty bad. At 45 it will drop to 10 volts and the lights will get dim. After about a minute the headlights will be almost out and the truck will start to lose power. Obviously because my electrical cannot keep up. I have a 1 farad capacitor. Would this help with that issue? Now back on topic. In the truck there's tons on pressure and is sounds great up to 35 without too bad drop but I have hardly any flex. The rear view mirror doesn't move hardly at all. My last 100RMS 6.5" sub flexed it as much. Dash doesn't flex, keys don't move at all. It will definitely move paper with a window down though and the outside mirrors go wild. Especially on the passenger side. Is the box too big for the truck? Not designed for that small of a vehicle? Is it just my electrical? Is it the port being blocked? Any ideas will be helpful. Have a great night. Err morning.

port needs to breathe I think that will help some, what type of batt., also alt. might have been a factory upgrade on the Tahoe, not sure but if you buy a new truck or suv and you get a tow package or something sometimes the alt. is upgraded from 90 to like 110 or 140 (just an example) these are just some things that pop into mind. deffinatly check the batt. out it might be week.

The electrical definitely needs to be upgraded if you want to play it hard. I don't know how low you can go without having major problems, but personally I would never let mine go below 12. That being said, that's probably not the culprit for your low output.

My first guess would be the box location. Try flipping it around and firing it backwards towards the rear of the cab. See if that helps.

Fire port toward the back or up..Ive never heard one sound good fired at a seat.Get your elec upgraded asap..You are gonna fry something if not..Good luck.

It does have a towing package but I didn't buy it new. Got it a couple months ago. Its a generic battery. Its a auto craft not real sure what amps. Right now the box is in the back seat. What's the best way to level the floor to put the box there?

you are going to need a high output alt. batterys are not going to help if you cant charge them.

get an alt. and a amg battery.

make sure all your wiring are good.

and flip the box around and see what sounds better. when i got my box i put it in every position until i found what was better.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

you are going to need a high output alt. batterys are not going to help if you cant charge them.

get an alt. and a amg battery.

make sure all your wiring are good.

and flip the box around and see what sounds better. when i got my box i put it in every position until i found what was better.

and yes you can use 2x4 under the box. just make sure the box will not move, so if you get into a accident the box will not fly foreword. use wood screw and some L-brackets. and from the floor to box/2x4 use some bolts or sheet metal screws.

Aight. Did something great. Folded the rear seat down, pulled out the headrests and put it on top. Sits up high enough to see that way. Port facing up sub forward. Gonna try it here in a bit. Only thing that ***** is its pretty much a wall. Can't see out the back window well. Yea I know they ain't just asking what's best on a budget. I'll probably just keep it down for the most part until I can get a good alt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.