Rated or Overrated?

pimpnyou204
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I've been searching around the internet and ive seen a few brands i havent heard much about and i wanna see if they actually putting out what they say they are. If anyone has any previous experience or anything please say so. And im also looking more into the higher end models 1500+ watts. Even if they dont do rated what are around without over heating drastically.

Quantum Cozmik

Lanzar

Pyle

Boss

Hifonics

Audiopipe

boss

Kole

and

SPL

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9463_SPL+FX1-5500D.html

Lanzar Opti Series are nice amps and do rated, Hifonics do just under rated and some Audiopipe amps do rated such as the 1500 and 3000.

Quantum Cozmik=extremely overrated

Lanzar=everything but the opti line is TRASH

Pyle=everything is trash

Boss=trash

Hifonics=good, close to rated

Audiopipe=good, very close to rated

Kole=trash, good power out of some amps, about 1/2 rated though

and

SPL=same brand as kole, and power acoustik

Quantum Cozmik = never used it but haven't heard good things

Lanzar = opti is best, heritage and vibe series do rated, rest //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Pyle = meh

Boss = meh

Hifonics = good budget stuff, never had problems with it

Audiopipe = hearing good things

Kole = some of the higher amps have similar boards as Power acoustik and lanzar

SPL = meh

hifonics is a good budget amp. but from what i've seen they seem to do around 100-300 under what there rated. but if ur on a budget go for it its not like there built crappy or nothin just a lil over rated

Lanzar = good

Pyle = bad

Boss = i dont like

Hifonics = pretty good

SPL = dony like em

If someone's on a budget, I'd much rather recommend a used amp of higher quality than a brand-new Hifonics with subpar construction for the same price.

first off what are you trying to power and at what load
I have 2 blitz audio BZDC12 their DVC 4 ohm 1600 watt 800 rms.

Id like to run them at 4 ohms because as i was told before the lower the impedance you run your amp you lose sound quality (if im wrong feel free to correct me.) Id like to give them each about 900 rms each. Any suggestions with cost in mind?

If I was forced to deal w/any of those companies..

I'd be forced to kill myself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I have 2 blitz audio BZDC12 their DVC 4 ohm 1600 watt 800 rms.
Id like to run them at 4 ohms because as i was told before the lower the impedance you run your amp you lose sound quality (if im wrong feel free to correct me.) Id like to give them each about 900 rms each. Any suggestions with cost in mind?
i think you best bet for finding an amp is going to be to wire them at 1 ohm. cause finding an amp that puts out 1800rms at 4 ohms that wont be to over powering for the subs on the top end is going to be hard if not impossible

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pimpnyou204

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
pimpnyou204
Fort Lauderdale
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date