Rampage Amp, Anyone Know About it...

The_Grimy_One
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Phoenix, AZ
I have a Rampage amp that my pops gave me a few weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone knew about it, the build quality, and how much it may be worth.

I still need to bench test it, but I figure I would get some advice on here to see if it is even worth testing out.

rampage-n64-game-cover.jpg

the only Rampage I know...

Alot of these small amplifiers use the same chips/ic's/integrated circuit all in one package amplifier chips that are used in the back of radios. Most of them are 22 watts x 2 or 22 watts x 4. Yes, using an amp with those chips would be the same as using the speaker wires coming out the back of your radio to power your speakers.... It might actually have a step up power supply with rectifier diodes and filter caps and an input and output section, like a larger amp, just way smaller, way less power, but likely judging by it's size in your pics, it has the "radio" output chips in it, and they call it an amplifier, after all, it is an amplifier anyway, just a mighty weak one and very inexpensive to build since it's output section is powered by the 12VDC in your cars electrical system, and not a high voltage step up power supply like in larger (normal) car stereo amps.

Lol. I havn't seen one of those in at least ten years! They used to sell them at our local department store for really cheap. I hooked one up one time just for shits and giggles. Didn't do much at all. It's worth nothing.

Only thing they are really any good for would be like in a offroad vehicle or something like a boat where you wanted amplified speakers from like an Ipod or plug into an MP3 player etc, would do nicely for that since it doesn't draw much current, and you could use any speakers with it. They have use, but not in most people cars.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.